Sup everyone~. I wish I had a new umineko fanart or so for october 4th, but I had a very busy week with college and no inspiration for doing nothing haha… ((Also im kind of late lol))
Anyways lately in the past two days I’ve been fond to look for (murder) mystery riddles, logical tricks and etc… In two days I didn’t have time to look in depth tho, but I’m sharing with you the three I liked the most with their sources.
(I think they’re pretty well-know/not difficult to find so don’t be surprised if you know them already ahahaha…; but I think that umineko fans who like logical riddles will enjoy solving them as much as I did so):
In a horrible castle (not too far away from your home) there lived a horrible Duke with his horrible wife and their horrible servants. One morning the Duke was dead – murdered by one of the other horrible people living in the castle.
When the residents of the castle were interviewed by the police, every person gave two correct answers and told one lie. This is what they said:
I didn’t kill the Duke.
The gardener killed my husband.
I’m not guilty.
It wasn’t me.
I have been working here for 27 years.
The butler knows who’s done it.
I am not the murderer.
The chambermaid is my witness; we were playing cards in the kitchen last night.
The Duke was killed by the cook.
I didn’t do it.
I wasn’t even here last night.
The gardener did it.
The Duchess is lying when she says that I did it.
I am innocent.
The butler is the murderer
Who is the murderer?
I couldn’t find a solid source for this one… Anyways, it is pretty easy to solve, you have the solution with the truths here.
One evening there was a murder in the home of married couple, their son and daughter. One of these four people murdered one of the others. One of the members of the family witnessed the crime.
The other one helped the murderer.
These are the things we know for sure:
1. The witness and the one who helped the murderer were not of the same sex.
2. The oldest person and the witness were not of the same sex.
3. The youngest person and the victim were not of the same sex.
4. The one who helped the murderer was older than the victim.
5. The father was the oldest member of the family.
6. The murderer was not the youngest member of the family.
Who was the murderer?
(((this one is my favorite of the three omg)))
There are five people. One of them shot and killed one of the other five. Which man is the murderer?
1. Dan ran in the NY City marathon yesterday with one of the innocent men.
2. Mike considered being a farmer before he moved to the city.
3. Jeff is a topnotch computer consultant and wants to install Ben’s new computer next week.
4. The murderer had his leg amputated last month.
5. Ben met Jack for the first time six months ago.
6. Jack has been in seclusion since the crime.
7. Dan used to drink heavily.
8. Ben and Jeff built their last computers together.
9. The murderer is Jack’s brother. They grew up together in Seattle.
Consider yourself to be a detective….So who is the killer ??
Um… I didn’t like this one so much. When I was solving it I felt it like there was lack of information/ some of the statements were pretty random but ill leave it here anyway).
Happy (late) Umineko day~!